Wednesday 4 July 2012

Owls and Vampires ~ Sophie

A little post linking in with  Ginny's Yarn Along today.

  
I have started some knitting now the house is nearly back to 'normal' - I haven't been able to get to my craft drawers very easily and was starting to get withdrawal symptoms!  I am supposed to be using up my yarn stash but we are now six months through the year and this is getting more difficult.  Trying to find patterns that I want to knit in the yarns that I have is becoming increasingly difficult but this is, I think, a good thing.  There is no excuse to hold onto it all any more!  I've made a decision now that a lot of it has to go and obviously this will make room for lots of nice new yarns that I want to knit and crochet stuff with :-) 

The knitting I've started is a scarf/shawl called 'Hogwarts Express'.  Being a bit of a Harry Potter obsessive, I was drawn to the name but also, it has a border of owls which I like and I have a suitable amount of the right weight wool which I bought in a charity shop a couple of years ago - I loved the colour.  

Reading-wise, I finally got around to updating the iPad so I'm able to download audio books again. I will be starting 'Dead Reckoning' by Charlaine Harris,  book 11 of the 'True Blood' series, tonight whilst pottering about doing tea.  I feel like I've been reading this series forever now but I enjoy them and I have a (self-imposed) need to stay ahead of the T.V. show because although I like that, the books are, in my opinion, much better.  I feel the same about Harry Potter!

1 comment:

  1. What a great scarf! I love owls and Harry Potter - how have I missed that pattern before?!

    ReplyDelete