Thursday 27 September 2012

Veg Box Pesto ~ Sophie

Last month, Carers UK pointed me in the direction of a competition on a new Carers forum, Carewell. ( http://carewelluk.org/). The prize was a month of organic veg box deliveries from Able & Cole.  To enter you had to share a recipe on the healthy eating message board.  I thought it would be daft not to give it a go, so I shared my Roasted Veg recipe and was lucky enough to be one of the winners. Yay!

We have just received our last box. I am not one for advertising on blogs, but I have been really impressed with the boxes!


Today's box contained the wonderfully green cavelo nero and a great recipe for making 'Magical Green Pesto'.  The recipe is available online at http://www.abelandcole.co.uk/recipes/magical-green-pesto

I've been quite determined not to waste this lovely free veg, and as a result we already have quite a bit of soup in the freezer! This pesto recipe is also freezable, so I thought I'd try it out.  The colour is fantastic...


I now have 3 pots in the freezer, plus enough left for a snack......


it's delicious and very easy to make :)

2 comments:

  1. Just checked out the recipe. I'm intrigued that it uses something other than basil. Another reason to grow kale again next year. Thanks for sharing. Oh, and congrats for winning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks :) it also doesn't have garlic which intrigued me but actually I don't think it needs it

    ReplyDelete