Tuesday 13 August 2013

Colour Ramblings - Blogalong 13

Starting art and painting classes has got me thinking a lot about colour. In particular my own relationship to colour.  If you were to ask me my favourite colour, I would find it hard to pin down just one. I would say green or red but there is more to it than that. I like colour combinations more than I relate to a particular colour. I do know what I don't like and that would be blue. At least I thought that was the case until I started to be a bit more observant of my choices. I wear a lot of black but until recently, I would rarely choose blue clothes. I think it relates back to school uniform. So, I've started trying to have a bit more blue in my wardrobe!

I also noticed that some of the pictures/hangingsI have up in my house and love are blue!



I've had these years!

I have chosen blue flooring in my bathroom, on the walls of more than one room and I have blue settees!
It appears that actually, I do like blue quite a lot!

I started noticing all this when I realised I choose to paint with blue quite often. I also end up quite liking the combinations I get when I deliberately choose colours I don't usually like.

I got totally inspired making beetroot and carrot juice this week so I'll finish this ramble with the lovely pink inside the beetroot!

 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment